The man began is spiderman-style ascent at around 7 am local time on the skyscraper on Eighth Avenue at 41st Street.
Five minutes later he was in police custody. The man told police he was looking for a copy of New York Times.
Police described him as being ‘emotionally deranged' and did not disclose his name.
His stunt was reminiscent of that of three men who climbed the building's ladder-like façade in separate incidents in 2008.
Two made it to the roof, and one got to the 11th floor.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- 65 samples + 22 fonts 1 golden Sultan: New poster of Salman Khan’s EID release creates curiosity
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Elderly Christian woman stripped naked and paraded through streets by mob
- Indus era at least 8,000 years old, not 5,500 years: IIT, ASI scientists