The man began is spiderman-style ascent at around 7 am local time on the skyscraper on Eighth Avenue at 41st Street.
Five minutes later he was in police custody. The man told police he was looking for a copy of New York Times.
Police described him as being ‘emotionally deranged' and did not disclose his name.
His stunt was reminiscent of that of three men who climbed the building's ladder-like façade in separate incidents in 2008.
Two made it to the roof, and one got to the 11th floor.
From Our Network
- Army Captain sues Barack Obama over war against Islamic State
- Exclusive pic of Asaram Bapu ashram in Jodhpur, where girl alleges she was raped
- At $62 million, UN owes India most for peacekeeping contribution
- JeM plan to launch Pathankot-like strike in NCR foiled
- Punjab: All women above 40 will be examined for breast cancer
- Raees Vs Kabil: Rakesh Roshan REACTS to Hrithik-SRK’s box-office clash!
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Will file witness list in National Herald case: Swamy to Delhi court
- AgustaWestland scam: How did Swamy get 'sensitive' documents, asks Congress
- West Bengal polls over, Mamata confident but high voter turnout gives hope to Congress-left alliance