The man began is spiderman-style ascent at around 7 am local time on the skyscraper on Eighth Avenue at 41st Street.
Five minutes later he was in police custody. The man told police he was looking for a copy of New York Times.
Police described him as being ‘emotionally deranged' and did not disclose his name.
His stunt was reminiscent of that of three men who climbed the building's ladder-like façade in separate incidents in 2008.
Two made it to the roof, and one got to the 11th floor.
From Our Network
- US intervention on Arunachal issue ‘highly irresponsible’, will complicate matters: China
- Here's how Indian Railway coaches will look in future (see pics)
- Kerala Principal furious after students prepare ‘grave’, sprinkle it with flowers as 'retirement gift'
- Punjab: All women above 40 will be examined for breast cancer
- World War II bomb defused in Munich
- Is this the actual reason behind Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande’s break-up?
- Did Daddy David stop Varun Dhawan from living-in with girlfriend Natasha?
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu
- Shiv Sena's alliance with BJP for Hindutva, not power: Uddhav Thackeray
- Rahul Gandhi bought 2 shops at market rates: Emaar MGF