The man began is spiderman-style ascent at around 7 am local time on the skyscraper on Eighth Avenue at 41st Street.
Five minutes later he was in police custody. The man told police he was looking for a copy of New York Times.
Police described him as being ‘emotionally deranged' and did not disclose his name.
His stunt was reminiscent of that of three men who climbed the building's ladder-like façade in separate incidents in 2008.
Two made it to the roof, and one got to the 11th floor.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: Sunrisers defeat RCB by 8 runs to claim maiden title win
- Akshay Kumar’s special message for wife & daughter will melt your heart!
- FDI in India: Top 10 investing countries
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds