The man began is spiderman-style ascent at around 7 am local time on the skyscraper on Eighth Avenue at 41st Street.
Five minutes later he was in police custody. The man told police he was looking for a copy of New York Times.
Police described him as being ‘emotionally deranged' and did not disclose his name.
His stunt was reminiscent of that of three men who climbed the building's ladder-like façade in separate incidents in 2008.
Two made it to the roof, and one got to the 11th floor.
From Our Network
- Kainchi Dham: The temple Steve Jobs advised Mark Zuckerberg to visit
- India should support our freedom struggle: Balochistan leader
- Ecuador death toll rises to 654, over 100 rescued
- Meet Kaushalya, the 58 year old worker safeguarding maternal health since 31 years in Himachal villages
- Govt revises format of OBC caste certificate
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special
- Ayaz Promised He Wouldn't Speed, Says Azhar's Friend Jwala Gutta
- SRK’s ‘Fan’ disappoints at box office, ‘Jungle Book’ continues dream run
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait