Islamabad, March 4 : Jalil Abbas Jilani on Saturday assumed charge as the Foreign Secretary of Pakistan.
He replaced Salman Bashir who retired on March 3. Mr Bashir served as Foreign Secretary from May 2008 to March 2012, a press release issued by the ministry of foreign affairs here said.
Jalil Abbas Jilani joined the Foreign Service of Pakistan in 1979. He has served at Pakistan Missions in Jeddah, London, Washington DC and New Delhi.
He was also Pakistan's High Commissioner in Australia. His last diplomatic assignment was as Ambassador to Belgium, Luxembourg and the European Union. He was Foreign Ministry's Spokesman in 2005.
From Our Network
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- Two-third people happy with Modi government's performance in two years
- Switzerland: Muslim students must shake hands with female teachers or face fine
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Aamir- Kajol’s 'Fanaa' clocks 10 years, director Kunal Kohli gets nostalgic