Islamabad, Jan 24: Pakistan's ISI chief Lt Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha held a secret meeting with former military ruler Pervez Musharraf in Dubai and advised him not to return to the country, according to a media report.
“Gen Pasha, who has remained very close to the former President, held a meeting with (Musharraf) in Dubai and advised him not to return to the country as the situation is not conducive for his return,” a source was quoted as saying by Dawn News channel late last night.
The channel quoted its sources as saying that Pasha “strictly advised” Musharraf not to return to Pakistan from self-exile.
The report said it was not clear whether the meeting was held on the directions of the Pakistan People's Party-led government or if it was a private meeting.
The report said Musharraf, after meeting Pasha, convened a meeting of his All Pakistan Muslim League party on January 25 for reviewing his decision to return to Pakistan.
The media report coincided with a resolution passed by the Senate or upper house of Parliament that demanded the arrest of Musharraf on his return to Pakistan and the registration of a case of high treason against him for abrogating the Constitution.
Several Pakistani leaders, including Interior Minister Rehman Malik, have said Musharraf would be arrested on his return to Pakistan.
Musharraf recently postponed his plans to return to Karachi during January 27-30. The dictator has been living outside Pakistan since early 2009.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- Just 1 movie crosses Rs 100 cr mark in 2016. Is Bollywood losing its charm?
- You have seen intriguing poster of ‘Dishoom’. Now, know the plot of this John Abraham-Varun Dhawan film
- Bipasha Basu’s sisters cried because of Karan Singh Grover at their wedding. Know why!
- 1,780 km rail lines commissioned, 6,000 km highways built in 2015-16