Beirut, Mar 11: At least 62 persons, mostly soldiers and rebels, were killed in violence across Syria on Saturday , the first of a two-day visit by international peace envoy Kofi Annan, a monitor said.
Among them, 21 army deserters, 19 soldiers and 15 civilians died in fighting in the northwestern province of Idlib, whose capital city was stormed by ground troops this evening, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
From Our Network
- NIT students demand permanent deployment of CRPF in campus
- JuD will not allow destruction of Hindu temples in Pakistan: Hafiz Saeed
- Pakistan rejects Trump’s demand to release doctor who helped US track Osama
- 12-year-old Kota boy qualifies for International Biology Olympiad
- Talaq delivered through Skype, WhatsApp and others means valid: AIMPLB
- Is Anushka Sharma’s ‘Sultan’ teaser COPIED from this short film?
- Adorable! Ranveer Singh calls Deepika Padukone ‘meri wali’
- Too cute to handle! First pic of Mr. & Mrs. Karan Singh Grover post their wedding
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM candidate: Prashant Kishor trying to kill two birds with one stone?
- If you won’t fund F-16 jets, will get them from elsewhere: Pakistan tells US