Beirut, Mar 11: At least 62 persons, mostly soldiers and rebels, were killed in violence across Syria on Saturday , the first of a two-day visit by international peace envoy Kofi Annan, a monitor said.
Among them, 21 army deserters, 19 soldiers and 15 civilians died in fighting in the northwestern province of Idlib, whose capital city was stormed by ground troops this evening, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
From Our Network
- 11 important facts you should know about Ravana
- Two top Hizbul militants killed in J&K encounter
- Kerala Principal furious after students prepare ‘grave’, sprinkle it with flowers as 'retirement gift'
- Punjab: All women above 40 will be examined for breast cancer
- 12-year-old Kota boy qualifies for International Biology Olympiad
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Gambhir, Kohli fined for IPL Code of Conduct breach
- Nawazuddin’s amazing journey: From sharing flat with five to buying posh apartment in Mumbai
- In Pics: Priyanka Chopra dines with Barack Obama and Michelle Obama at White House
- When Lata Mangeshkar & Asha Bhosle turned foes from sisters!