Beirut, Mar 11: At least 62 persons, mostly soldiers and rebels, were killed in violence across Syria on Saturday , the first of a two-day visit by international peace envoy Kofi Annan, a monitor said.
Among them, 21 army deserters, 19 soldiers and 15 civilians died in fighting in the northwestern province of Idlib, whose capital city was stormed by ground troops this evening, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
From Our Network
- On PM Modi's two-year anniversary, Facebook reviews govt’s performance on social media
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Modi to address rally in Saharanpur, BJP plans mega celebrations
- ‘I am a UP waala’ and 10 other highlights of PM Modi’s speech
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home