Beirut, Mar 11: At least 62 persons, mostly soldiers and rebels, were killed in violence across Syria on Saturday , the first of a two-day visit by international peace envoy Kofi Annan, a monitor said.
Among them, 21 army deserters, 19 soldiers and 15 civilians died in fighting in the northwestern province of Idlib, whose capital city was stormed by ground troops this evening, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
From Our Network
- Successful, suicidal and the boyfriend connection: What actresses’ death reveal about the glamour world
- Aha Love! Ash just did Q&A on Twitter and hubby Abhishek had a really important query
- Shilpa Shetty-Raj Kundra love story (see rare pics)
- US to closely examine India's Chabahar deal with Iran
- Flipkart Big Shopping Days: 10 deals you should not miss