Beirut, Mar 11: At least 62 persons, mostly soldiers and rebels, were killed in violence across Syria on Saturday , the first of a two-day visit by international peace envoy Kofi Annan, a monitor said.
Among them, 21 army deserters, 19 soldiers and 15 civilians died in fighting in the northwestern province of Idlib, whose capital city was stormed by ground troops this evening, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
From Our Network
- Army Captain sues Barack Obama over war against Islamic State
- Exclusive pic of Asaram Bapu ashram in Jodhpur, where girl alleges she was raped
- At $62 million, UN owes India most for peacekeeping contribution
- JeM plan to launch Pathankot-like strike in NCR foiled
- Punjab: All women above 40 will be examined for breast cancer
- Amitabh Bachchan requests Kangana Ranaut to recommend his name in her next movie?
- Will file witness list in National Herald case: Swamy to Delhi court
- Bajirao Mastani: Top 10 dialogues which will give you goosebumps
- West Bengal polls over, Mamata confident but high voter turnout gives hope to Congress-left alliance
- 5 interesting facts about Dinesh Karthik & Dipika Pallikal's wedding