The Indian fishermen were arrested after being warned twice that they had entered into Pakistan's territorial waters and were fishing there illegally, a spokesman for the Pakistan Maritime Security Agency said.
“After the warning these fishermen were arrested and their boats seized. They will be presented before a judicial magistrate tomorrow,” the official said.
Since January this year, there have been frequent arrests made by the Pakistani Maritime security agency with 31 fishermen and 14 boats seized in January and another 24 fishermen and 12 boats seized in February.
The arrests come despite attempts by both countries in recent times to free fishermen lodged in jails in Pakistan and India.
From Our Network
- Kareena says 'no' to Hollywood, prefers being “married working woman” and “to start a family”
- Sun ‘going blank’, Earth heading towards mini ice age
- After PM's rebuke, Subramanian Swamy says publicity 'relentlessly seeks' him
- Sikh candidate in Australia polls targeted with 'racist' flyers
- From Kota jail to IIT: The inspirational journey of Piyush Goyal