He was later forcibly taken away by police and sent to the Trauma Centre for treatment.
Rinku Singh Rahi alleged that he had filed RTI application to seek information about the scam, but his request was declined.
On the contrary, the perpetrators of the scam fired at him causing injury to his eye, he alleged.
As the officer sat on fast outside the state Assembly, the Lucknow police first brought in doctors to check his condition. He was whisked away to the Trauma Centre forcibly by the police in the evening.
From Our Network
- China's most powerful new generation space rocket launches successfully
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Kejriwal has no IIT rank, he got in through 'other' methods: Subramanian Swamy
- Supreme Court to hear plea on banning WhatsApp for security reasons
- Hot climate is responsible for higher rates of aggression and violence, shows study