Here on a three-day visit, Gen Singh said such reports show that people were unnecessarily trying to throw muck at the government and the army and they need to be taken to task.
“This is absolutely stupid,” he told PTI when asked to comment on the report in the Indian Express yesterday that said the government was “spooked” on the night of January 16-17 because of the movement of a mechanised infantry battalion from Haryana's Hisar and a sizeable section of 50 Para Brigade.
“Whosoever is trying to make stories against the army chief is deplorable.
“And what it shows is that people are unnecessarily trying to throw much at both the government and the army and such people should be taken to task,” he said.
The Army Chief is in Nepal to attend a three-day Regional seminar on Natural Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance.
In New Delhi yesterday, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the defence establishment dismissed the report as “alarmist” and “absolutely baseless”.
From Our Network
- Now, Shekhar Suman says Adhyayan never said Kangana did black magic
- Amma's poll manifesto: From Free phones to free gold, it's raining sops in Tamil Nadu
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- Alastair Cook on the verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar’s 11-year old record!
- Guess who is Ranbir Kapoor’s best friend in B-town now? Kangana Ranaut