Chennai,Mar16 : Vigilance officials today conducted raids at a business establishment here in which former Tamil Nadu Governor Surjit Singh Barnala's son is a partner and premises of two others, including a former Vice-Chancellor, in connection with a corruption case.
Raids were in progress at Barnas International Private Limited's office in Vepery in which Jasjit Singh Barnala is a partner and his associate M Najimuddin's residence at Egmore, Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption sources said.
Officials also raided former Vice Chancellor of Anna University D Viswanathan's residence at Thiruvanmiyur in connection with a similar case, they said.
From Our Network
- Two-third people happy with Modi government's performance in two years: Survey
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Viral Video: Daughter assaults her 85 year old mother in Delhi
- Inviting Sharif and leaving Modi was unwarranted: Digvijay Singh
- 5 interesting facts about Dinesh Karthik & Dipika Pallikal's wedding