Chennai,Mar16 : Vigilance officials today conducted raids at a business establishment here in which former Tamil Nadu Governor Surjit Singh Barnala's son is a partner and premises of two others, including a former Vice-Chancellor, in connection with a corruption case.
Raids were in progress at Barnas International Private Limited's office in Vepery in which Jasjit Singh Barnala is a partner and his associate M Najimuddin's residence at Egmore, Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption sources said.
Officials also raided former Vice Chancellor of Anna University D Viswanathan's residence at Thiruvanmiyur in connection with a similar case, they said.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Kashmir firing: Death toll mounts to 3, curfew imposed in Handwara town
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special