Chennai,Mar16 : Vigilance officials today conducted raids at a business establishment here in which former Tamil Nadu Governor Surjit Singh Barnala's son is a partner and premises of two others, including a former Vice-Chancellor, in connection with a corruption case.
Raids were in progress at Barnas International Private Limited's office in Vepery in which Jasjit Singh Barnala is a partner and his associate M Najimuddin's residence at Egmore, Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption sources said.
Officials also raided former Vice Chancellor of Anna University D Viswanathan's residence at Thiruvanmiyur in connection with a similar case, they said.
From Our Network
- Army Captain sues Barack Obama over war against Islamic State
- London likely to get first Muslim mayor, opponent plays Modi card
- 8 things to consider before wearing a birthstone!
- Upset over false promises, residents of Gaur City to protest against Gaursons tomorrow
- Rajya Sabha MPs seek stringent laws to check food adulteration
- The Kapil Sharma Show Vs Colors: Humour wins over historical saga of Bajirao-Mastani; features among Top 5 shows
- Shahid Kapoor’s ‘Udta Punjab’ has already defeated Salman Khan’s PRDP in this department
- Sarabjit’s sister Dalbir Kaur wants Randeep Hooda to give her 'kandha' when she dies
- OMG! Is Brad Pitt cheating on 35-kgs weighing Angelina Jolie?
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?