Holding that he has still not lost hope, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday in Mumbai asked Pakistan to carry forward the "progress" that has been made in the Mumbai attacks probe and said it should investigate all those involved, including JuD chief Hafiz Saeed.
Addressing a press conference here, Singh said there has been some progress in the Mumbai attacks case and for the first time Pakistan has agreed that the conspiracy leading to the tragedy in Mumbai was hatched there.
"There has been effect (due to) the pressure exerted by us and the international community. For the first time, Pakistan agreed that the conspiracy leading to the tragedy in Mumbai was hatched in Pakistan and that the citizens of Pakistan were involved," he said.
The Prime Minister said never before had Pakistan agreed to any such "proposition". "They have always maintained that they have nothing to do, their people are not involved. So there is some progress," he said.
Pakistan should investigate all those who were involved, including Lashkar-e-Toiba, its founder Hafiz Saeed, as also another terror group Jaish-e-Mohammad, he said.
"There should be a fair trial which will result in proper punishment. We have not lost hope," the Prime Minister said in reply to a volley of questions on the 26/11 strikes. PTI
From Our Network
- Shot 8 times, Transgender in Pakistan dies as hospital sits on her treatment deciding sex
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- Revealed: This woman is the reason behind Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt’s cold war
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Salman Khan NOT to remove Arijit Singh’s song from ‘Sultan’!