Ralegan Siddhi, Oct 4 : Though he has not done anything wrong, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should not shy away from “agni pariksha'(test by fire) in the 2G spectrum case, Anna Hazare said here today.
“The Prime Minister should face it. His name has come up. He should face the agnipariksha. If he comes out clean, it will only do good. Why should one fear that?” Hazare told a press conference here.
Hazare said he cannot say Singh has wronged. Hazare was responding a question on whether he thought that the Prime Minister should face a probe in the 2G spectrum scam.“Is Manmohan Singh not clean? But what is the use? He is remote controlled,” he said. PTI
From Our Network
- 'Airstrikes on Pak': Jammu Kashmir BJP asks centre to call off talks with Pakistan
- Liver transported through green corridor travels 210 km in 3.36 hours, saves life
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- NSG row: Indians are self-centered and low on morals, says Chinese state media
- ‘Just wanted to pass, Papa ne to top hi kara diya’, says arrested Bihar 'topper' Ruby Rai