He was 81 and is survived by wife, two sons and a daughter.
The legendary singer was bed ridden for about a year due to old age related ailments and had been admitted on to SCB Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack on October 25 where he passed away late last night.
A devotee of Lord Jagannath, Bal was popular for his dedication to Oriya Bhajan which brought him laurels from far and wide.
Recipient of several prestigious awards, the singer had sung hundreds of Bhajans besides presenting his voice as play back singer in a number of Oriya films including Bhakta Salabega, Agni Pariksha, Mathura Vijaya, Abhilasha, Amar Prem, Kie Kahara and Srikrushna Rasa Leela. PTI
From Our Network
- Check out hot pics of Pooja Bedi's daughter Aalia Ebrahim!
- PM Narendra Modi to visit five nations from June 4; to discuss black money with swiss
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- After Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan speaks up on Salman Khan’s Rio controversy
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi