He was 81 and is survived by wife, two sons and a daughter.
The legendary singer was bed ridden for about a year due to old age related ailments and had been admitted on to SCB Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack on October 25 where he passed away late last night.
A devotee of Lord Jagannath, Bal was popular for his dedication to Oriya Bhajan which brought him laurels from far and wide.
Recipient of several prestigious awards, the singer had sung hundreds of Bhajans besides presenting his voice as play back singer in a number of Oriya films including Bhakta Salabega, Agni Pariksha, Mathura Vijaya, Abhilasha, Amar Prem, Kie Kahara and Srikrushna Rasa Leela. PTI
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Now job reservations in private sector also ?
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special