He was 81 and is survived by wife, two sons and a daughter.
The legendary singer was bed ridden for about a year due to old age related ailments and had been admitted on to SCB Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack on October 25 where he passed away late last night.
A devotee of Lord Jagannath, Bal was popular for his dedication to Oriya Bhajan which brought him laurels from far and wide.
Recipient of several prestigious awards, the singer had sung hundreds of Bhajans besides presenting his voice as play back singer in a number of Oriya films including Bhakta Salabega, Agni Pariksha, Mathura Vijaya, Abhilasha, Amar Prem, Kie Kahara and Srikrushna Rasa Leela. PTI
From Our Network
- 'Junooniyat' is entirely different from 'Sanam Re', says Yami Gautam
- Bipasha Basu speaks up on being Karan Singh Grover’s ‘third wife’ and his past
- Huge solar storms helped foster life on Earth, says NASA
- 10 Times Rakhi Sawant Blew Our Mind With Her Epic Statements
- 2nd anniversary celebrations: Govt ropes in Amitabh Bachchan to host five-hour event at India Gate on May 28