“The Army Chief's office is an exalted office. All of us have an obligation to do nothing that would lower its dignity,” Singh told reporters on the sidelines of a function to give away the Padma Awards at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here.
The Prime Minister was asked about controversies involving the government and the Army chief.
The Army Chief has been in the midst of controversies, first over his age issue on which he took the government to the Supreme Court and later on claims that he was offered a bribe of Rs 14 crore in connection with a defence deal.
From Our Network
- UP horror: 15-yr-old girl raped, murdered and tied to tree
- Terror camp in Canada to attack Punjab: Indian intel alert Justin Trudeau govt
- After Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan speaks up on Salman Khan’s Rio controversy
- Bihar Board Class 10 results to be declared shortly, check it here
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan