“The Army Chief's office is an exalted office. All of us have an obligation to do nothing that would lower its dignity,” Singh told reporters on the sidelines of a function to give away the Padma Awards at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here.
The Prime Minister was asked about controversies involving the government and the Army chief.
The Army Chief has been in the midst of controversies, first over his age issue on which he took the government to the Supreme Court and later on claims that he was offered a bribe of Rs 14 crore in connection with a defence deal.
From Our Network
- Army Captain sues Barack Obama over war against Islamic State
- London likely to get first Muslim mayor, opponent plays Modi card
- 8 things to consider before wearing a birthstone!
- Upset over false promises, residents of Gaur City to protest against Gaursons tomorrow
- Rajya Sabha MPs seek stringent laws to check food adulteration
- The Kapil Sharma Show Vs Colors: Humour wins over historical saga of Bajirao-Mastani; features among Top 5 shows
- Shahid Kapoor’s ‘Udta Punjab’ has already defeated Salman Khan’s PRDP in this department
- Sarabjit’s sister Dalbir Kaur wants Randeep Hooda to give her 'kandha' when she dies
- OMG! Is Brad Pitt cheating on 35-kgs weighing Angelina Jolie?
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?