“The Army Chief's office is an exalted office. All of us have an obligation to do nothing that would lower its dignity,” Singh told reporters on the sidelines of a function to give away the Padma Awards at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here.
The Prime Minister was asked about controversies involving the government and the Army chief.
The Army Chief has been in the midst of controversies, first over his age issue on which he took the government to the Supreme Court and later on claims that he was offered a bribe of Rs 14 crore in connection with a defence deal.
From Our Network
- Now, Shekhar Suman says Adhyayan never said Kangana did black magic
- Amma's poll manifesto: From Free phones to free gold, it's raining sops in Tamil Nadu
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- Alastair Cook on the verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar’s 11-year old record!
- Guess who is Ranbir Kapoor’s best friend in B-town now? Kangana Ranaut