“The Army Chief's office is an exalted office. All of us have an obligation to do nothing that would lower its dignity,” Singh told reporters on the sidelines of a function to give away the Padma Awards at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here.
The Prime Minister was asked about controversies involving the government and the Army chief.
The Army Chief has been in the midst of controversies, first over his age issue on which he took the government to the Supreme Court and later on claims that he was offered a bribe of Rs 14 crore in connection with a defence deal.
From Our Network
- Sultan trailer: Decoding why this Salman Khan starrer will gross Rs 500 cr at box office (Watch)
- Thank you for attending, but seating as per protocol: Jayalalithaa tells Stalin
- Salman’s sister Arpita Khan Sharma shuts haters on social media with ‘harsh’ message
- Kangana Ranaut gives a surprising reaction to Irrfan Khan’s ‘hero’ statement against her
- Is Richa Chadha upset with ‘Sarbjit’ makers post release?