Bangalore, Mar 5: The Lokayukta court today ordered issue of non-bailable warrants against former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa, his family members and a former minister in two illegal land denotification cases.
Lokayukta special court judge N K Sudhindra Rao ordered issue of NBWs against Yeddyurappa, his two sons B Y Raghavendra, B Y Vjayendra, son-in-law Sohan Kumar and former Housing minister Krishnaiah Setty and directed them to appear without fail on March 24.
The court issued the NBWs after they failed to appear in the last three occasions for the trial that was scheduled to begin last month itself.
It may be recalled that it is in these two cases filed by advocate Sirajin Basha that Yeddyurappa had been summoned and subsequently had surrendered in court last October, facing imminent arrest.
However, the other accused in the case were present.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: Sunrisers defeat RCB by 8 runs to claim maiden title win
- Akshay Kumar’s special message for wife & daughter will melt your heart!
- FDI in India: Top 10 investing countries
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds