Ahmedabad, Jan 1: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today wished social activist Anna Hazare a speedy recovery after the veteran was hospitalised last night with chest infection.
“Praying for the good health of Anna Hazare ji. Hope he gets well soon...,” Modi said on the social networking site Twitter here today.
74-year-old Hazare was shifted from Ralegan Siddhi to the hospital after medical examination which showed that he was suffering from a chest infection.
Hazare, who led the movement on Lokpal bill against the Union government had stirred controversy in April last year when he praised Modi for the work done in Gujarat and suggested that other chief ministers should emulate him.
However, Hazare did a u-turn on his visit to Gujarat on May 26 last year and criticised the state government over allegations of scams.
From Our Network
- When Khans don’t why does Akshay Kumar act in slapstick comedy like ‘Housefull 3’? The Khiladi answers
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Grocery shopping, book reading and more: What Nawabi couple Saif and Kareena did in London (See pics)
- Watch: Wanted in India, Vijay Mallya enjoys IPL final in London
- Watch: After RCB lose IPL final, Gayle grooves to Michael Jackson’s tune