Ahmedabad, Jan 1: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today wished social activist Anna Hazare a speedy recovery after the veteran was hospitalised last night with chest infection.
“Praying for the good health of Anna Hazare ji. Hope he gets well soon...,” Modi said on the social networking site Twitter here today.
74-year-old Hazare was shifted from Ralegan Siddhi to the hospital after medical examination which showed that he was suffering from a chest infection.
Hazare, who led the movement on Lokpal bill against the Union government had stirred controversy in April last year when he praised Modi for the work done in Gujarat and suggested that other chief ministers should emulate him.
However, Hazare did a u-turn on his visit to Gujarat on May 26 last year and criticised the state government over allegations of scams.
From Our Network
- Former IAF chief S P Tyagi cracks, admits meeting Finnmeccanica officials
- Spurned by Hawaii, world’s largest telescope may now be built in Ladakh
- If you won’t fund F-16 jets, will get them from elsewhere: Pakistan tells US
- Italy must return marine if India’s jurisdiction is proved: UN tribunal
- Hafiz Saeed spotted near Indo-Pak border, launches mass recruitment drive of terrorists
- Adorable! Ranveer Singh calls Deepika Padukone ‘meri wali’
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- After Jennifer Winget, Karan Singh Grover’s first wife Shraddha Nigam speaks up on his wedding with Bipasha Basu
- Is Anushka Sharma’s ‘Sultan’ teaser COPIED from this short film?
- Not Ankita Lokhande’s ‘distrust’ but Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘disloyalty’ led to their break-up?