Ujjain, Feb 10: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta on Friday raided a doctor couple and seized documents showing assets worth over Rs 25 crore.
Special Establishment Police raided the residences of Dr Vinod Lahiri and his wife Vidya, both Government officials currently under suspension, at Ujjain and Nagda, Ujjain Lokayukta SP Arun Mishra said.
The Lahiris have two houses each in Ujjain, Indore and Nagda, he said, adding they also own a cold storage facility, a petrol pump, 150 bighas of land and four cars. The couple had a currency note counting machine installed at their residence.
The couple had a specially built almirah for keeping jewellery. They have around 18 bank accounts which recorded large transactions in the recent times, Mishra said. Their Nagda house is four storied and is equipped with a swimming pool, he said.
The papers unearthed till now show that the two have assets worth over Rs 25 crore, the SP said, adding more property documents may be recovered.
Vinod Lahiri was working in the office of Joint Director (Health), he added.
From Our Network
- Pakistan has one month's time to grab US F16 deal
- Two top Hizbul militants killed in J&K encounter
- Kerala Principal furious after students prepare ‘grave’, sprinkle it with flowers as 'retirement gift'
- Punjab: All women above 40 will be examined for breast cancer
- 12-year-old Kota boy qualifies for International Biology Olympiad
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Aamir Khan’s young fan suffering from rare genetic disorder passes away at 15
- Is Anushka Sharma’s ‘Sultan’ teaser COPIED from this short film?
- "Amitabh Bachchan apologised to me on behalf of Jaya Bachchan," says Amar Singh
- See Pics: AbRam playing with father Shah Rukh amidst match is too cute to handle