Ujjain, Feb 10: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta on Friday raided a doctor couple and seized documents showing assets worth over Rs 25 crore.
Special Establishment Police raided the residences of Dr Vinod Lahiri and his wife Vidya, both Government officials currently under suspension, at Ujjain and Nagda, Ujjain Lokayukta SP Arun Mishra said.
The Lahiris have two houses each in Ujjain, Indore and Nagda, he said, adding they also own a cold storage facility, a petrol pump, 150 bighas of land and four cars. The couple had a currency note counting machine installed at their residence.
The couple had a specially built almirah for keeping jewellery. They have around 18 bank accounts which recorded large transactions in the recent times, Mishra said. Their Nagda house is four storied and is equipped with a swimming pool, he said.
The papers unearthed till now show that the two have assets worth over Rs 25 crore, the SP said, adding more property documents may be recovered.
Vinod Lahiri was working in the office of Joint Director (Health), he added.
From Our Network
- Now, Shekhar Suman says Adhyayan never said Kangana did black magic
- Amma's poll manifesto: From Free phones to free gold, it's raining sops in Tamil Nadu
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- Alastair Cook on the verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar’s 11-year old record!
- Guess who is Ranbir Kapoor’s best friend in B-town now? Kangana Ranaut