“We are hopeful of a positive solution to the crisis. However, nothing can be said at this moment,” Melchiori told reporters after meeting Chief Secretary B K Patnaik and Home Secretary U N Behera.
He said Italian government was concerned about the safety of its nationals Paolo Bosusco and Claudio Colangelo in Maoist captivity for 10 days now and expressed satisfaction over the state government's attempt to resolve the crisis.
“The Chief Minister has recently briefed the media about the situation. Therefore, we are hopeful of solving the crisis,” Melchori said.
Melchiori has been camping in the state capital here since the Italian nationals were taken hostage by Maoists on March 14 from Kandhamal district.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- After Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan speaks up on Salman Khan’s Rio controversy
- Akshay Kumar’s special message for wife & daughter will melt your heart!
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- What? Karan Patel cheated on Kamya Punjabi with Pratyusha Banerjee?