Gurgaon, Jan 29: Anna Hazare, suffering from persistent cough and back pain, today underwent a check-up at a super-speciality hosptial here before he heads to Bangalore for naturopathy treatment in the next couple of days.
Hazare flew down to Delhi from Pune at around 1:30 pm and straightaway left for Medanta Medicity headed by eminent cardiologist Naresh Trehan where he underwent a series of medical tests.
The 74-year-old activist was treated for acute bronchitis at a hospital in Mumbai earlier this month after he called off his hunger strike for a strong Lokpal Bill midway. He was discharged on January eight.
Hazare is suffering from cough, back-pain, high blood pressure and has swellings in his legs. Team Anna sources alleged that he was administered anti-biotics and steroids in overdose during some earlier treatment.
Doctors at Medanta Medicity did not confirm this claim.
Dr R R Kasliwal, head of internal medicine at Medanta Medicity who is attending on him said, “He came to us with complaints of breathlessness and high blood pressure. We will conduct a couple of investigations and he will undergo treatment for both.”
“He has come to us with a specific problem and we are treating him for that. As far as we we know he has no heart ailment and his vital organs are all right,” he said.
Hazare is likely to stay in Medanta for next couple of days after which he will be shifted to Bangalore's Jindal Naturecare Institute.
Earlier, after calling off his 12-day hunger strike in Ramlila Maidan in August last year, Hazare had gone to Medanta for treatment.
The doctors led by Naresh Trehan had also constantly monitored his condition during the Ramlila agitation.
Hazare's health condition forced him to call off the jail bharo agitation and prevented him taking a tour of the five poll-bound states.
However, he has said that he will embark on a nation-wide tour soon after he recovers from his illness during which he will “awaken” the people on the issue of corruption.
“Soon after I regain my health, I will embark on an all-India tour. Then the corrupt people will understand that the allegations they level against me will not have an effect on people,” he said.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Kashmir firing: Death toll mounts to 3, curfew imposed in Handwara town
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special