“Arvind has told me that he has concrete proof about charges of corruption in respect of parliamentarians. Parliament is a sacred temple of democracy and therefore these charges should be inquired into by the Speaker,” he told a Marathi TV channel at his native village Ralegan Siddhi near here after returning from Delhi.
Hazare also said if Kejriwal was found guilty in the inquiry, he too can be punished.
“It is not a question about Anna Hazare. People are suffering from price rise because of corrupt practices and their patience is being tested. We have to think of the consequences if corrupt persons enter Parliament,” the 74-year -old Gandhian said.
The veteran social activist had undertaken a day-long fast in the national capital on March 25 to demand adequate protection for whistleblowers fighting corruption.
Kejriwal, a Magsaysay Award winner, had alleged many MPs were corrupt and faced a slew of criminal charges. His remarks were widely condemned in Parliament by all MPs cutting across party lines.
From Our Network
- Now, Shekhar Suman says Adhyayan never said Kangana did black magic
- Amma's poll manifesto: From Free phones to free gold, it's raining sops in Tamil Nadu
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- Alastair Cook on the verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar’s 11-year old record!
- Guess who is Ranbir Kapoor’s best friend in B-town now? Kangana Ranaut