“Arvind has told me that he has concrete proof about charges of corruption in respect of parliamentarians. Parliament is a sacred temple of democracy and therefore these charges should be inquired into by the Speaker,” he told a Marathi TV channel at his native village Ralegan Siddhi near here after returning from Delhi.
Hazare also said if Kejriwal was found guilty in the inquiry, he too can be punished.
“It is not a question about Anna Hazare. People are suffering from price rise because of corrupt practices and their patience is being tested. We have to think of the consequences if corrupt persons enter Parliament,” the 74-year -old Gandhian said.
The veteran social activist had undertaken a day-long fast in the national capital on March 25 to demand adequate protection for whistleblowers fighting corruption.
Kejriwal, a Magsaysay Award winner, had alleged many MPs were corrupt and faced a slew of criminal charges. His remarks were widely condemned in Parliament by all MPs cutting across party lines.
From Our Network
- Two-third people happy with Modi government's performance in two years: Survey
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Viral Video: Daughter assaults her 85 year old mother in Delhi
- Inviting Sharif and leaving Modi was unwarranted: Digvijay Singh
- 5 interesting facts about Dinesh Karthik & Dipika Pallikal's wedding