“Arvind has told me that he has concrete proof about charges of corruption in respect of parliamentarians. Parliament is a sacred temple of democracy and therefore these charges should be inquired into by the Speaker,” he told a Marathi TV channel at his native village Ralegan Siddhi near here after returning from Delhi.
Hazare also said if Kejriwal was found guilty in the inquiry, he too can be punished.
“It is not a question about Anna Hazare. People are suffering from price rise because of corrupt practices and their patience is being tested. We have to think of the consequences if corrupt persons enter Parliament,” the 74-year -old Gandhian said.
The veteran social activist had undertaken a day-long fast in the national capital on March 25 to demand adequate protection for whistleblowers fighting corruption.
Kejriwal, a Magsaysay Award winner, had alleged many MPs were corrupt and faced a slew of criminal charges. His remarks were widely condemned in Parliament by all MPs cutting across party lines.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Kashmir firing: Death toll mounts to 3, curfew imposed in Handwara town
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special