Patna, Mar 1 : A CBI court today framed charges against former Bihar chief ministers Lalu Prasad and Jagannath Mishra and ruling JDU MP Jagdish Sharma in connection with the multi-crore fodder scam.
Charges were also framed against former RJD MP R K Rana in connection with the case.
Designated CBI Judge V K Srivastava framed the charges against them in the case relating to fraudulent withdrawals of around Rs 46 lakh by officials of state animal husbandry department from Banka and Bhagalpur treasuries through fake enforced bills between 1994-96.
During the period, Prasad was the Chief Minister of Bihar.
Prasad alleged that he has been falsely implicated in the case and the “CBI had not procured gubernatorial nod for prosecution in this case”.
The central investigative agency had charge sheeted them in this conspiracy angle case on March 3, 2003.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- 11 important facts you should know about Ravana
- 7 hottest avatars of Surveen Chawla, Hate Story 2 actress
- Gorilla killed after 4-yr-old falls into zoo enclosure
- What? Karan Patel cheated on Kamya Punjabi with Pratyusha Banerjee?