“First change your locality and then think of changing the country. The lanes should be developed first to bring about a change in the country,” Hazare said.
The Gandhian, who hails from Ralegan Siddhi village in Ahmednagar district in Maharashtra, said in his village people used to sleep without food, water and other facilities earlier.
“But then people changed it and prosperity can be seen all over now,” he said.
He also expressed unhappiness over the “dwindling” number of politicians, who think that India could grow.
“During the elections, people talk for long hours. But later they do not act upon it. There are only a few people left in the politics, who think that India would grow. Their number has dwindled now,” Anna said.
He said that development and putting an end to corruption are two important things.
“First thing is development. All-round development is a must for the country's growth. However, during this development, one should also bring an end to corruption. Development and corruption are two sides of the same coin.”
Hazare was talking to media after inaugurating an exhibition of photographs at the Mumbai Marathi Patrakar Sangh here in south Mumbai today.
The exhibition displays moments from his daily life in Ralegan Siddhi. The photographs were clicked by Mumbai resident Vishal Yadav, who works as a driver for a Hindi news channel.
“The exhibition has showed the other side of my agitation. The pictures show what happened before the agitation...what I was drinking, eating and doing. Some people may think that the pictures do not depict Jantar Mantar and Ramleela Maidan agitations as well as the Tihar jail incidents. But the Delhi agitation pictures can be seen on the television.”
From Our Network
- Former IAF chief S P Tyagi cracks, admits meeting Finnmeccanica officials
- World War II bomb defused in Munich
- How Bajirao's Mastani united Hindus and Muslims after her death
- US panel wants Pak on list for religious freedom violations
- Bottled fresh air of Canada in pollution hit India soon, to cost Rs 12.50 per breath
- Adorable! Ranveer Singh calls Deepika Padukone ‘meri wali’
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM candidate: Prashant Kishor trying to kill two birds with one stone?
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Astrologer had predicted Kangana would have demonic influence in her life on Salman’s show