New Delhi, Dec 11: Anna Hazare today visited Rajghat ahead of his one-day fast in protest against “watered-down” proposals of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Lokpal Bill.
He drove to Rajghat from Maharashtra Sadan at around 9 AM and spend sometime meditating at Mahatma Gandhi's memorial.
Clad in his trademark white kurta and Gandhi cap, he was accompanied by his close aides Manish Sisodia, Arvind Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi.
A large media contingent besides some other supporters of Team Anna were at Rajghat when Hazare reached there. A large number of police personnel was also deployed at Rajghat.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- 65 samples + 22 fonts 1 golden Sultan: New poster of Salman Khan’s EID release creates curiosity
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Elderly Christian woman stripped naked and paraded through streets by mob
- Indus era at least 8,000 years old, not 5,500 years: IIT, ASI scientists