Pune, Jan 1: Speaking for the first time after ending his fast abruptly in Mumbai last week, hospitalised Anna Hazare today asked his supporters not to worry about his health saying he will be alright in a few days.
Hazare, who has been admitted to a private hospital here after suffering from a viral infection, said he was feeling “much better” now.
74-year-old Hazare was admitted to the Sancheti hospital last night and is being monitored by a team of doctors.
“People who thought I am very unwell, it is not like that. I am much better now,” he told reporters from his hospital bed.
“In a few days, I will be alright. Don't worry about me. I request all my countrymen and volunteers not to worry. My health is not that bad,” he said.
This is the first public comments of Hazare after he ended his fast in Mumbai abruptly on Wednesday following failing health and poor public response.
After examining his health, the doctors said he should remain in hospital for a week and have advised him not to fast at least for the next one month.
The doctor also said Hazare needs “complete rest” now and that his aides have been asked not to disturb him.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Now job reservations in private sector also ?
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special