The Indian fishermen were arrested after being warned twice that they had entered into Pakistan's territorial waters and were fishing there illegally, a spokesman for the Pakistan Maritime Security Agency said.
“After the warning these fishermen were arrested and their boats seized. They will be presented before a judicial magistrate tomorrow,” the official said.
Since January this year, there have been frequent arrests made by the Pakistani Maritime security agency with 31 fishermen and 14 boats seized in January and another 24 fishermen and 12 boats seized in February.
The arrests come despite attempts by both countries in recent times to free fishermen lodged in jails in Pakistan and India.
From Our Network
- Shot 8 times, Transgender in Pakistan dies as hospital sits on her treatment deciding sex
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- Juvenile Justice act: No handcuffs, no jail for minors, corporal punishment to be treated as crime
- On PM Modi's two-year anniversary, Facebook reviews govt’s performance on social media