The Indian fishermen were arrested after being warned twice that they had entered into Pakistan's territorial waters and were fishing there illegally, a spokesman for the Pakistan Maritime Security Agency said.
“After the warning these fishermen were arrested and their boats seized. They will be presented before a judicial magistrate tomorrow,” the official said.
Since January this year, there have been frequent arrests made by the Pakistani Maritime security agency with 31 fishermen and 14 boats seized in January and another 24 fishermen and 12 boats seized in February.
The arrests come despite attempts by both countries in recent times to free fishermen lodged in jails in Pakistan and India.
From Our Network
- PM Modi, Amit Shah ordered staged shootout in Ishrat Jahan case, says Congress
- Things on Sunny Leone’s bucket list- Swimming with sharks & going to ashrams
- Watch Video: Lalu Yadav’s son Tej Pratap tries hands in acting, becomes CM
- After Yogeshwar Dutt, now Milkha Singh upset over Salman's appointment as goodwill ambassador
- AAP founder member quits party, alleges Kejriwal indulges in community based politics