A report in Science Daily showed that participants performed significantly better immediately after the yoga practice, than after moderate to vigorous aerobic exercise for the same amount of time.
The 30 study subjects were young, female, undergraduate students. The Journal of Physical Activity and Health reports in detail the findings of the study, conducted by researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
From Our Network
- Vegetables vs Junk Food: Children eating carrots and apples don't avoid candies and fries
- Madonna shares daughter Lourdes' 'desi' pictures on 18th birthday (view pics)
- Sridevi's daughter Jhanvi Kapoor wears a daring plunging outfit (see pics)
- 3 unique leftover rice recipes (view pics)
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special