The RAC and FairFuelUK survey, which found one in 16 were sleeping in their cars, also discovered that three percent have camped near workplace to save on filling up.
Britain issued a final plea to Chancellor George Osborne to halt next month's crippling 3 pence fuel duty hike Wednesday.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: RCB, Sunrisers to clash for maiden title win
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- Sridevi's daughter Jhanvi to enter Bollywood soon?
- Subramanian Swamy accuses Raghuram Rajan of favouring US multinationals
- Mika Singh clears air on visiting ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ despite Kapil-Krushna’s cold war