The holiday season is here and it is time for travel lovers to do what they love. Amid all the excitement it is really important to keep in mind few tips to ensure your return healthy.
While on vacation clean and hygienic bathrooms must always be your priority. If you don’t want to return with germs and diseases you should remember things like not touching the doorknob.
Here are few tips shared by experts that you should definitely follow while vacationing.
1. First and foremost, avoid touching the toilet doorknob with bare hands. Door knobs carry germs from multiple sources and may cause infections. Try using a tissue paper for holding the knob from outside as well as inside before heading out or going in.
2. Take care of your personal belongings. Germs touching your hands can be easily washed out but once they transmit to your belongings such as phone, handbags, etc, they might infect you. Avoid placing your handbags on the floors and hang it on the hook behind the doors.
3. Always prefer an Indian seat toilet instead of the western style to avoid any direct contact with the toilet surfaces. In case you can't find one, hover over the seat without skin contact or make sure that you wipe the toilet seat before sitting on it.
4. Flush it, turn around and get out of the toilet. The probability of getting infected with air-borne germs and bacteria while flushing is very high. Always close the lid before you flush, take a small tissue to press the flush button and exit the place quickly.
5. Avoid the use of hand dryer, how ever much it might attract you for a quick dry. The blow dryer giving out hot air has the ability to spread the germs present in the air around. To avoid getting infected even after washing hands thoroughly, use a paper towel to dry them. Carry a small handkerchief while you are on the go.
6. In the end, use a hand sanitiser and you are good to go!
(With IANS Inputs)