Everyone knows smoking has a very bad effect on our health, even then the people who smoke cannot quit smoking even after several tries. Despite, constantly getting informed about the serious health effects of smoking, a majority of the population are smokers and are trying really hard to quit smoking but, in vain. Thus, if you really want to quit smoking, then first you must know why you actually smoke and why it becomes difficult for you to quit smoking once you get inclined to this habit? We also bring to you the reasons of what happens when you quit smoking.
Why is it so hard to quit?
1. Cigarettes contain a highly addictive substance known as nicotine, which is naturally present in all the tobaccos. It becomes very difficult to handle the physical addiction of nicotine once you get habituated to it. Nicotine travels very fast and reaches your brain which gives a temporary relaxation and make you feel stress free. But after your body gets released of the drug, you start craving for another cigarette causing a malicious cycle of dependency.
2. Most of the population smoke when they feel stressed. Are you one of them? But trust us, in the long run will only make you more stressful leading to your bad health resulting in mental, physical and financial crisis.
Other ways to become stress-free
1. Take five to ten deep breaths in the fresh air for relieving your stress. It helps a lot in making you stress-free. This practice also lets you inhale fresh air into your lungs without inhaling those harmful chemicals.
2. Go out for a walk for at least 30 minutes in a day. Walking releases a chemical in your body which helps you make stress-free. It also helps in burning extra calories from your body and keeps you fit both physically and mentally.
3. Relax your muscles by doing Yoga or stretching. You can even close your eyes and meditate which will help you make free and relaxed.
4. Caffeine is a stimulant which increases your heart rate and makes you feel anxious. Cut off caffeine from your diet as it generally takes away your sleep, which results in anxiety.
5. Taking good care of your body is the most important factor for feeling stress-free. Drink lots of water and get enough sleep to be ever ready to handle the stresses.
Trying to quit smoking becomes difficult and usually the hardest for the first one month. It usually takes at least eight to twelve weeks for a smoker to feel comfortable without smoking. There are many symptoms that will come your way when you try to quit smoking. Some of them are-
3. Cravings for smoke
4. Difficulty in concentrating
6. Problems in sleeping habits
8. Sore throat
9. Chest tightness, cough
10. Sore tongue, gums
But the bottom line is that, no matter how many hurdles and difficulties you face while you try to quit smoking, you should stop smoking and think about your physical and mental health in the long run and lead a healthy, happy and safe life.