A Chinese girl Zhang Mengqian got more than she bargained for. After posting a message in her college for a boyfriend, she had probably hoped that at least one, possible two, might respond. But when she posted the message at college saying she wanted a boyfriend, they came in their droves, reports The Mail, London.
Instead of looking down from her balcony on a romantic scene as her potential suitor waited below, Zhang Mengqian was confronted with a huge mob.
Thousands of bachelors descended on the campus of University of Electronic Science and Technology in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, after she put her plea on a message board.The gathering came after the university, which has a ration of 25 male students to every female, declared a 'girls' day'.Each female student was handed a blank card and told to write their wish on it. All the cards were then posted on a 'wish wall'.
Zhang wrote: 'My name is Zhang Mengqian, a grade one student, and I think I am attractive, but strangely I can't find a boyfriend. However I believe in destiny. If you have the same wish, please come under my dormitory building and shout for my name between 12:30 and 12:50 on March 11, 2010 and I will observe you secretly up on the building. If you're my type, I'll come down to meet you.'
Word soon spread and by noon of March 11, swarms of male students were outside the dormitory building. But only a few completed the second part of the task - to shout out her name.Perhaps unsurprisingly given the huge crowd, Zhang did not descend from her room.
From Our Network
- Mute spectators deprived us of chance to see our daughter, says murdered Chennai techie’s father
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- Are Kylie Minogue-Joshua Sasse planning to get married next month?
- When bullets were closer I hugged and kissed my wife: Eyewitness' chilling encounter with attackers at Istanbul airport
- CBI files two fresh chargesheets against six in Vyapam cases