Even as the shooting of Vosthi, the Tamil remake of Dabangg, is in full swing near Mysore, the grapevine has it that the unit is still searching for a Munni for the hot item number, says a media report.
However, Simbu who plays Salman's role in the Tamil version, says, "That song has not even been composed! How could we have finalised the actress?" he asks.
The industry was abuzz that Shriya Saran was the choice for the number, a rumour both Simbu and director Dharani deny. Earlier,the grapevine had it that Nayanthara was approached for the sexy item number.
Though three songs have been composed for Vosthi, the Tamil equivalent of Munni is not one of them.The actor,who has also penned the lyrics of one of the already composed songs, says they will ensure that they come out with a number as rocking as the Hindi number.
"We'll work hard on it once we get done with the talkie portions", he says.The question remains: Who Will Play Munni?
From Our Network
- Sun ‘going blank’, Earth heading towards mini ice age
- What? Pulkit Samrat is ‘too busy’ to divorce Salman Khan’s rakhi sister Shweta Rohira?
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet clears 23.5 pc salary hike for central govt employees
- Vin Diesel shares his wonderful moments with Pauline and Deepika
- Shahid at it again: This gesture of him for wife Mira will make other husbands angry