Even as the shooting of Vosthi, the Tamil remake of Dabangg, is in full swing near Mysore, the grapevine has it that the unit is still searching for a Munni for the hot item number, says a media report.
However, Simbu who plays Salman's role in the Tamil version, says, "That song has not even been composed! How could we have finalised the actress?" he asks.
The industry was abuzz that Shriya Saran was the choice for the number, a rumour both Simbu and director Dharani deny. Earlier,the grapevine had it that Nayanthara was approached for the sexy item number.
Though three songs have been composed for Vosthi, the Tamil equivalent of Munni is not one of them.The actor,who has also penned the lyrics of one of the already composed songs, says they will ensure that they come out with a number as rocking as the Hindi number.
"We'll work hard on it once we get done with the talkie portions", he says.The question remains: Who Will Play Munni?
From Our Network
- Shot 8 times, Transgender in Pakistan dies as hospital sits on her treatment deciding sex
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- Revealed: This woman is the reason behind Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt’s cold war
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Salman Khan NOT to remove Arijit Singh’s song from ‘Sultan’!