Two-year-old toddler Cohen Stone in Perth badly wanted the colourful prizes of sweets and teddy bears locked inside a machine, and her is what he did.
He somehow managed to climb up inside the glass case of the arcade machine, and this later turned into a mother's nightmare, reports The Mail, London.
Once nestled among his booty, the tot realized there was no way out - causing a frantic rescue effort at the restaurant where his mother Kyra, 24, had taken him to a birthday party.
The group of nine had chosen the venue specifically for its children's play area to entertain scamp Cohen.
But after taking her eye off the toddler for two minutes, Kyra turned to discover Cohen had become one of the prizes to be won among the sweets and soft teddy bears.
Kyra, from Perth in Western Australia, said: 'I had been playing with him in the children's area but took my eye off him for two minutes as the food arrived at our table. When I turned back, he was inside the machine. My first thought was "Oh my God". I just couldn't believe what he had done in that space of time. He was there one minute, inside it the next, like a magician's trick. At first I wasn't too stressed. I started to search the back of the machine for a big hole he must have climbed through, then on top of the machine. It was then that I realised he must have climbed through a small hatch where you collect your prize from and got in through that way. It was the only way inside. The hole was tiny. I have no idea how he did it. That's when I started to panic. I didn't know how I was going to get him out.'
Customers and even workers - including the chef - at Siena's restaurant gathered around the toddler in disbelief.
Kyra said: 'The restaurant owner called his wife to bring keys for the machine, but when she arrived there were no keys that fit the lock. Then workers phoned the hire company who owned the machine.'
She added: 'I was trying to keep calm myself and keep Cohen happy. I made up a game where I told him to throw the teddy bears down the chute where he had climbed up and told him he could eat one of the lollies he was sitting on. He was getting very hot from being inside the machine, especially with all the lights. So I got the machine turned off, opened the hatch and was trying to fan him with one of the restaurant's menus. It was steaming up inside but we eventually got a fan turned on, facing the machine.'
A customer also phoned a local locksmith. He arrived within minutes but didn't have the right tools with him.
After going back to his workshop, he returned and was able to open the arcade machine door.
Kyra, who works at a country golf club, said: 'Cohen was in the machine for about 45 minutes but it felt like hours and hours.
'I phoned my husband Calan but he thought I was joking. He kept asking me to repeat what I was saying. It was only that I was so upset that he realised I was not having him on. Now that it's all over and he is fine, I can see the funny side.'
She added: 'I took the video of him when he was calm and after I knew we were able to get him out. I'm glad I took photos now - even though I was panicking at the time. No one believes me until they see the video and it will make a great story for his 21st.'
The couple also have another son, Harper, who is 11 months old.
Father Calan, 26, a boiler maker, said: 'Kyra said Cohen was stuck inside an arcade machine but I couldn't work it out. I thought she was playing a joke on me, but then I could tell she was close to tears and that it was serious.
'I was going to rush over straight away but I was almost an hour away at work. It is funny watching the video footage back now. Kyra was trying to take Cohen's mind off what was happening with the video and she asked him to "wave to Daddy". He looks so cute inside the machine waving back. He was our prize waiting to be plucked to safety.'
Kyra added: 'Every now and then I'll hear Cohen saying to himself "Cohen stuck in machine". It happened two weeks ago on March 1, but he's obviously still thinking about it. Hopefully that will mean he'll never try something like that again!'
The restaurant has now removed the claw grabber machine from its premises and given the family a £30 voucher.
Kyra said: 'I didn't even get a chance to taste the food. I'll have to go back to experience it, but this time, I think I'll leave the children at home.'