The 22-year-old is currently dating student Will Adamowicz.
"When I started dating, I had this kind of 'Romeo and Juliet', fateful, romantic idea about love.
It was almost that you were a victim - that there was a lot of pain involved and that was how it should be," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Watson as saying.
"Shakespeare said the course of true love never did run smooth and I had a sense it had to be painful.
It was such a revelation to realise it shouldn't be that way and you get to choose who you love and who you give your heart to."
"The sad thing is you only learn from experience, so as much as someone can tell you things, you have to go out there and make your own mistakes in order to learn," she added.
From Our Network
- Sun ‘going blank’, Earth heading towards mini ice age
- What? Pulkit Samrat is ‘too busy’ to divorce Salman Khan’s rakhi sister Shweta Rohira?
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet clears 23.5 pc salary hike for central govt employees
- Vin Diesel shares his wonderful moments with Pauline and Deepika
- Shahid at it again: This gesture of him for wife Mira will make other husbands angry