Los Angeles, Feb 23: Rachel Crow was a tearful runner-up on the "The X Factor," but she's a winner now.
The 14-year-old singer has signed a series deal with the Nickelodeon channel and a recording contract with Sony's Columbia Records-Syco.
Nickelodeon said Wednesday its agreement with Crow includes development of a comedy series for the teenager. She'll also have a recurring role in Nickelodeon's new program, "Fred: The Show."
Crow's recording deal puts her in business with "X Factor" creator Simon Cowell's Syco enterprise.
The big-voiced teenager made a dramatic exit from "X Factor" last December: Crow collapsed onstage after she was voted off by viewers.
From Our Network
- Delhi to get 1,000 Wi-Fi hotspot spots by year end
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Did UK’s old outdo their young? Survey claims those who will live longest with decision never wanted to leave
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share stage with Oscar-winning actor Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Watch: When Anil Kumble put country before self and bowled with a broken jaw