Los Angeles, Dec 14: “Five Easy Pieces” producer Bert Schneider, credited for inspiring a “New Hollywood” band of independent filmmakers, has died in Los Angeles at 78.
Daughter Audrey Simon tells the Los Angeles Times that Schneider died on Monday of natural causes.
Schneider produced 11 movies from 1969 to 1981, including “Easy Rider,” “Five Easy Pieces” and “The Last Picture Show.” Those movies about rootlessness and discontent became symbols of a new era that helped filmmakers break out of the studio system.
Schneider also produced the Oscar-winning 1974 anti-Vietnam War documentary “Hearts and Minds.”
Schneider created the Monkees pop band with producer-director Bob Rafelson.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: RCB, Sunrisers to clash for maiden title win
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- Sridevi's daughter Jhanvi to enter Bollywood soon?
- Subramanian Swamy accuses Raghuram Rajan of favouring US multinationals
- Mika Singh clears air on visiting ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ despite Kapil-Krushna’s cold war