Los Angeles, Dec 24: Mel Gibson has finalized his divorce from his wife of 28 years.
Attorneys for the Oscar winner and his ex-wife appeared briefly in a Los Angeles courthouse Friday to submit a proposed judgment, which a judge signed hours later.
Robyn Gibson filed for divorce in April 2009, just months before Gibson's then-girlfriend gave birth to a daughter. The “Braveheart” star indicated in his own court filings that the couple separated in 2006.
The former couple's divorce has been more low-key than Gibson's custody battle with Russian musician Oksana Grigorieva. Gibson agreed in August to pay Grigorieva $750,000 to settle a bitter dispute and split custody of their daughter.
The 55-year-old and his former wife have seven children together, but their 12-year-old son is the only minor.
From Our Network
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Did you know before ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’, Aishwarya and Ranbir worked together in a movie 17 years ago?
- NSG standoff: Clouds of mistrust hovering over India-China relations
- Shekhar Kapur's daughter makes singing debut, SRK and other B-town celebs tweet love to her
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain