Los Angeles, Dec 24: Mel Gibson has finalized his divorce from his wife of 28 years.
Attorneys for the Oscar winner and his ex-wife appeared briefly in a Los Angeles courthouse Friday to submit a proposed judgment, which a judge signed hours later.
Robyn Gibson filed for divorce in April 2009, just months before Gibson's then-girlfriend gave birth to a daughter. The “Braveheart” star indicated in his own court filings that the couple separated in 2006.
The former couple's divorce has been more low-key than Gibson's custody battle with Russian musician Oksana Grigorieva. Gibson agreed in August to pay Grigorieva $750,000 to settle a bitter dispute and split custody of their daughter.
The 55-year-old and his former wife have seven children together, but their 12-year-old son is the only minor.
From Our Network
- 10 Highest Fuel Efficient Motorcycles in India
- Thank you for attending, but seating as per protocol: Jayalalithaa tells Stalin
- Earth's 10 Most Mysterious Lost Worlds and its rare species
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- IPL 2016: De Villiers singlehandedly takes RCB into final