Los Angeles, Dec 24: Mel Gibson has finalized his divorce from his wife of 28 years.
Attorneys for the Oscar winner and his ex-wife appeared briefly in a Los Angeles courthouse Friday to submit a proposed judgment, which a judge signed hours later.
Robyn Gibson filed for divorce in April 2009, just months before Gibson's then-girlfriend gave birth to a daughter. The “Braveheart” star indicated in his own court filings that the couple separated in 2006.
The former couple's divorce has been more low-key than Gibson's custody battle with Russian musician Oksana Grigorieva. Gibson agreed in August to pay Grigorieva $750,000 to settle a bitter dispute and split custody of their daughter.
The 55-year-old and his former wife have seven children together, but their 12-year-old son is the only minor.
From Our Network
- Shot 8 times, Transgender in Pakistan dies as hospital sits on her treatment deciding sex
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- Juvenile Justice act: No handcuffs, no jail for minors, corporal punishment to be treated as crime
- On PM Modi's two-year anniversary, Facebook reviews govt’s performance on social media