Long ISland City, New York, Jan 27: The cast and crew of "Gossip Girl" are celebrating their upcoming 100th episode and to celebrate Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced Thursday, January 26 2012 as Gossip Girl Day in New York City.
Cast members Blake Lively, Penn Badgley, Ed Westwick looked on as Bloomberg spoke to the media about the show.
He admitted he's too busy to watch the show every week but said he is "interested in finding out who the real Gossip Girl is."
He also questioned the show's 100th episode where character Blair (played by Leighton Meester) is supposed to get married because she is "clearly in love with Chuck."
Actor Matthew Settle, who plays Rufus Humphrey says he remembers reading the show's pilot episode and knowing it was something special.
"I called my agent and I think the first time I met Josh Schwartz I was like 'This feels like 'Sex and the City' for teenagers and I think that was simultaneous, a lot of people had the same feeling and that expression got coined to describe the show."
"Gossip girl"s 100th episode airs Monday, 30 January 2012 on the CW.
From Our Network
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Govt appoints former Delhi top cop BS Bassi as UPSC member, AAP cries foul
- Yeh hai Mohabbatein: Raman-Ishita love making photos leaked (view pics
- Is Kangana’s legal battle with Hrithik Roshan impacting her career?